Lone Echo (VR)
Released Digitally on July 20th, 2017
Platform: Oculus Rift and Touches
Studio: Ready at Dawn Studios
Genre: Story-based exploration
Estimated Game Time: ~6-8 hours
- Designing all tutorial level environments and gameplay beats
- Implementing AI characters and writing first pass dialogue in all tutorials
- Designing gameplay beats for the first third of the game (Kronos II Station)
- Implemented gameplay for the Container Field in the exterior mining site
- Implemented gameplay for the optional Satellite missions
- Implemented gameplay for the first third of the Mystery Dark Vessel
Virtual Reality Tutorials
Tutorial environments were created as module levels that players loaded into and out of with relative ease. Each tutorial level helped players get familiar with a useful game mechanic or system in Lone Echo.
Kronos II Station
The first third of Lone Echo takes place aboard a mining space station designated as Kronos II. Inside the Kronos II Station players must assist Olivia Rhodes with some simple fixes on malfunctioning station systems.
Mining Site Missions
Upon exiting the Kronos II Station airlock for the first time, players activate the Mining Site missions in the exterior around the station. The player's ultimate goal is discover the mystery behind the unstable anomaly.
Players spend the last third of Lone Echo exploring the strange dark vessel that appeared out of the anomaly. It is here where the player's navigational skills are challenged and mysteries unravel.